View Single Post
Old 2018-06-16, 20:41   Link #5891
Toukairin
Banned

Too many teams so far have been underwhelming. You have to question about what the level of preparation is with them.

France 2-1 Australia: I was expecting one-way traffic from the French, but it looked like the presence of so many young French players was the reason why France looked disjointed for most of the time. We saw the first time that a decision was reversed into a penalty after a VAR review, so I'm quite happy since we have been crying for years about the need for video replays. Other than that, the goal line technology did wonders for France when Pogba's deflected shot went off the crossbar and barely over the goal line. Again, you have to appreciate the new age of tech support for referees.

Argentina 1-1 Iceland: it was the proof that talent alone wins you nothing unless you work hard to get a result. If you are a fan of Argentina, it's the usual question marks with the usual suspects who do not perform. As for Lionel Messi and his penalty miss...

Peru 0-1 Denmark: Very poor game overall. I don't need to say more.

Croatia 2-0 Nigeria: Both goals were scored from unusual circumstances. Croatia were the better team, but Nigeria came up very flat.

I hope for a better show from Die Mannschaft tomorrow against Mexico as well as from Brazil against the Swiss.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote