View Single Post
Old 2007-02-26, 23:22   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Yes their eyes are beautiful but there are better ways of shortening their hair than curving it. It's just kind of odd to see it like that.
Avoid making the curves and do straigh cuts? or perhaps reworking the entire piece of hair altogether?

I sometimes notice that the hair literally stops/ends where the eyes begin, thus following the curve of the upper part of the eye itself. I made the curve, but it's mostly a shorter version of the one already there.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the black outlines themselves. I dont always want to cut the hair, but if too much black gets together in a small place (i.e: the eyes) it could end up looking somewhat unbalanced in certain places.

This is mostly the reason why I stopped using brush size 4 px since trace # 07.

Still, trying to look things from your own POV; One solution could be ditching the black outlines completly. I have been tempted to do it a couple of times in the past, but always change my mind at the very last minute.

I'll keep your comment in mind for future traces (except for the next one; I already chopped the hair there ), Although I must admit to be quite proud of those little changes, since it's probably the only thing that makes my trace a bit more different than the rest.

.......Almost like a signature.

EDIT:

Oh heck, I already break the 1000 post mark without even noticing.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-02-27 at 01:11.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote