View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 21:40   Link #108
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I have a hard time understanding the whole incident. I suppose they could just be jackasses, but I saw one comment claiming that Terashima was friends with Ichiki.
I don't know if this is true or not but I had "friends" in the past who treated me poorly. But I think a true friend wouldn't do something like that.

As for the publicity thing well they say there is no such thing as bad publicity. I am not sure how Ichiki feels and I am not going to try to speculate. It's possible this might help him in the long run (it's getting him name recognition. Looking at his roles he is probably not a seiyuu people paid much attention to previously).

But even if this might help his career in the long run, I don't think that takes away from the fact that he was publicly humiliated and made fun of by his peers/colleagues in the business. If good comes out of this then I don't think that takes away from the bad. They are separate in my mind.

Now for it being an elaborate scheme to boost his career to begin with. I personally don't think so because the whole thing was very quiet at first. It only came out fairly recently.