View Single Post
Old 2010-06-15, 08:15   Link #11065
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
The interesting bit about the Kuwadorian is that while we never see scenes in the interior of Kuwadorian that unambiguously say that this is where they happen, we see backgrounds associated with Kuwadorian in several unexpected places.

Namely, scenes between Maria and Ange where Ange tells Maria to show her magic, and scenes between Maria and Beatrice all seem to happen in the vicinity of Kuwadorian. In fact, I should grep through the script and make a complete list of where those backgrounds are used...

LyricalAura brought this up before in detail. It appears that it is possible for Kanon's body to be Kinzo's body in some situations, but it is quite definite that all instances of Kinzo's body cannot be Kanon's body, which is a shame since it would really simplify some things.

Unfortunately as I have mentioned previously, the particular kind of polydactily Kinzo has to have for it to be recognisable that he had it after his body is incinerated is much more rare than 1 in 1000 live births that the characters cite on screen, possibly making his body completely unique in this moment on Earth. It is not known whether Ryukishi is aware of that or not.
We can't even be sure the Kuwadorian exists, can we? Battler never sees proof of it's existence, Ange only ever hears rumours of a second mansion. The only proof we have of it are fantasy scenes and flashbacks, both of which are debatable of their credibility.
Still, there's no reason for me to doubt it's existence, since it offers a reasonable place for Eva to escape to when she survives. So I trust that it exists.

I'm going to trust Ryuukishi to not be an idiot and recognize that polydactyly that Kinzo has is extraordinarily rare. In fact, this may be a small bit of cleverness on his part. Why would he even bother to mention that Kinzo has dual-foot-boned-polydactyly? Aside from further proof of Kinzo's difference from normal humans, it doesn't serve much purpose. However, if we take it as truth that he has this rare polydactyly, then that means that it must be Kinzo's corpse whenever a double-six-toed corpse shows up.
Granted, we can't tell if the corpse has six toes on each foot if the corpse is wearing shoes, which is what I assume the Kanon corpse to be doing, but I really, really doubt anyone on the island is stupid enough to mistake an old man's corpse as a young boys corpse.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote