View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 11:01   Link #96
Hoodspirit

enjoyable episode, too bad it suffered from the lack of time. Would have prefered it if they had put the party + ending of volume4 to the next episode and had spend more time displaying Kyousukes behaviour and some left out scenes in this one.

The episode was nearly too good in giving every Character something to do, felt like a last episode. I even had a flashback when Saori and Kureneko started to clap, hearing faint Omedeto-voices from NGE..

The mother was entertaining, with a bit more time at hand I would like to see more of her to show some similarities between her and the son. Manami was okay, it is a tough job after all to impress the family of your loved one. Didn't liked her action inside Kyousuke's room, but that is typical anime behaviour, so cannot really blame her for that.
Kureneko's manga presentation was well done, another reason to curse the lack of time, would have been worth to extend that one. Saori came a bit short, but in which episode it wasn't like that?^^;
Glad to see they managed to get Kirino's behaviour more on the realistic side again, especially in the first half. Too bad the process of her realizing that she went overboard wasn't shown, but packed episode again.
Kyousuke annoyed me today in the first half though. His social ability disappeared for no reason. Normally he would have grasped the situation and act in a de-escalationally way, but today he set up his 'disgusted face' from the beginning and provoked and teased Kirino. While his actions and reactions were understandable and expected from most persons they did not fit his usual behaviour.
In the second half it is a different story. His social ability returned miraculously, which was irritating after being left out before, with the difference that he would have had now a reason to act as strange as he did in the first half. But being back to his normal self the annoyment towards him vanished at that point (irritation grew with it though).

All in all, good that the show recovered from the episode 8 finally, the pacing is as weird as in the first episodes and characters feel more lively again. leaves hope for a good final episode and a nice online arc.