View Single Post
Old 2012-01-20, 09:41   Link #198
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
As far as Gosick is concerned, i have to inform you that i don't like much detective stories(I find Detective conan or other investigator/detective telefilms pretty boring) so if it's that way, i'm not going to begin it.
Yeah, Gosick is strong with detective element. Still, you won’t get the same feeling like watching Detective Conan. It’s coz Gosick is heavier on character development (between the two protags) unlike most of Detective Conan’s episodes which too busy dwelling on the cases and abandoning character development altogether. Also, even though Gosick’s story is basically case-by-case, all of them are linked together and furthering the relationship of the protags, unlike the episodic format in Det Conan. Since the setting of this anime is Europe in 1920s, you’ll get the same feeling as reading Sherlock Holmes novels (don’t know if it’s good for you or not ). If I should make a comparison, Gosick is similar to Dance in the Vampire Bund but with human protags and Victorian Era kinda setting. It has been considered a really good anime for its genre.

However, if you really hate detective element, then I suggest you give this a try when you have nothing else to watch .