View Single Post
Old 2008-09-15, 22:32   Link #1059
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I am not as gloomy about this as you I guess. Schneizel makes for a much better end boss than Charles. Why? Because unlike Charles, Schenizel knows his brother perfectly. Charles never understood any of his kids. He was too busy messing around with Geass to care. Schenizel and Lelouch understand each other and make for a more epic final battle because of it.
I can accept your reasoning, it's not bad at all...My point remains though...WHy do you think they have this dynamic connection when the show itself hasn't really gone into much depth about Lulu and Schnizel? I can't remember any significant flashback eps, or episodes that explicitly examine there relationship beyond a superficial whim of Schnizel is l33t because he's l33t...Yeah he beats Lulu in chess all the time (An important expressionist point I know) but his relationship with Charles always seemed more epic and gratifying...The hatred, the lack of answers, Charles' pure coldness then later this jaded acceptance of his son's achivement...I was all into his final battle with Charles (Despite Lulu's Mom being a complete idiot in that episode)...This battle was cool to some extent but ultimately Schnizel feels like leftover villain for me...The villains I cared about are all dead...Don't even get me started on the KoR's and the invisible ink they've written on this entire series...

BTW I'm not gloomy, CG has turned out kinda like I feard though...I had somewhat alluded to this ever since ep 25-26 of last season...I don't examine R2 too bad...Hell I've never given an ep under a 6 or a 5 I think...