View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 13:49   Link #305
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Great episode, it's just full of manliness it is quite refreshing from all the overexposed moe. I find it hard to believe it was directed by the same director who did InuxBoku where you couldn't find a trace of any alphamale. I guess it's not at all strange. I didn't know what to expect honestly coming from David Production but seems I got so much more than I expected.

I must say, beside the op, it's not too well animated but it just seems intentional to keep the spirit of the manga with the whole sound effects and it was exaggerated to the great effect, I just can't help but love this. While I like the op, I do like ED more just because I never expected them to use the song from old progressive band in the 70's.
A website showed the progress of male anime characters from the 80s' to the present and it was a huge change. From athletic mature characters to feminine younger characters over a period of time.

Ep.2 reminds me of Fist of the North Star since the men are GAR and over the top. The ED song is surprising since the singer is singing English. Modern shounen series tend to be softer and more emotional in general. At least Jojo reminds us of what shounen anime was like back then.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote