Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-06, 05:45   Link #1024
tabun
rawr!

Another great episode, and while I'm doing the catch-up on this thread (which I would likce to call enjoyable, but which is a hassle in thruth ), I want to write down my first impressions.

If I was only thinking before that Chihiro represented her perceived self-image she read of in her diary, I am most certain she does now. This is a very difficult situation, thus the sentence at the very end of the show "Look for me, and bring me back with you". Her situation was difficult before, but now it's really painful. And it becomes obvious that she improved her memory by re-writing certain aspects, such as a confession. How much more of her written down memory is altered then, too? damn, this show is just getting better and better.

I found the scene with Hiro and Miyako on the beach very touching, and as I must add, the visualisation again exceeded my (rightfully high) expectations. Brilliantly done! Still, as for Kei finding the two of them in bed, it's rather harsh to say "what comes around comes around" (took a glimpse at the last posting). There is no such thing as justice or even odds in love, and although Kei may have done a horrible thing before, gloating about her finding the two in the exact same situation she pretended in front of Miyako is not just, it's not fair and it certainly is not deserved. (That being said, I'll still root for the momentarily obvious pairings )

So, back to reading - although finding something to add that hasn't been said already may be quite tough.