View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 14:35   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
In theory it's just analysis, it should be possible... but I'm certainly not a programmer and would hate to write the error checking code required.

OTOH, when Cardinal was mentioned in Calibur, Kirito and Klein point out that it came out with some rather broken repeatable quests. So it's certainly not perfect. Then again, how good does your code engine have to be to produce a "<cough> <cough>, I'm sick and need ten wolf pelts to get better", "Oh my, I'm feeling much better now, unfortunately I won't be able to work today either, could you collect ten boar pelts for me?", "Thanks so kindly adventurer, I wanted to take my wife out for a date in big city X today, could you collect twenty five rabbit pelts for me? I'll give you this wonderful piece of pocket lint and a healing potion in exchange".
Following a template like that? Easy. Isn't it done in Skyrim?

Reading the internet and understanding it well enough to make a quest closely following the story yet fitting in your world (as opposed to just picking out the names and using it in the aforementioned templates)? I don't think it's possible yet, but people are certainly working on it.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote