View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 02:52   Link #577
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
I really don't understand why people are angry that it's a 2 cour show Isn't it better that way? The Balbadd arc is around 80 chapters, so if they take 3 chapters per episode, we get exactly 26 episodes, so the pacing, imo, will be fine. And what's next? We have 150+ chapter of Magi so far, and they would also be covered rather quickly, we would have to suffer through endless fillers to get to the actual main story again. I say this is much better. If Magi proves to be successful, I hope they do with it what they did with Bakuman: sever 2 cour seasons, taking a break after each one of them. Honestly, this is better than fillers
In theory, having an 'arc constraint' + 'episode count limitation' will result in some cuts or in some lesser cases, filler, for better or worse.

And changes tend to lead to complaints, anyway. It's rare that anime original changes leap above and beyond the original source material... and even when they do, there still are complaints.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote