Thread: -WarFrame-
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-19, 22:23   Link #121
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
What would guns/equipment would you guys suggest I work towards, I'm at rank 16 on my starter Excalibur frame and I'm still using the starter weapons (with mods) at Earth.

Needless to say, I'm starting to feel the lack of damage even with the weapons at rank 17~ish

(hopefully making that Cronus will be worth replacing my Skana with)

EDIT: Anyone here play in the Asia region?
A few of these might require higher level mastery but they are pretty good gateway weapons till you get clan tech / prime weapons.

Hek (shotgun), This is my favourite weapon so far because it's very ammo efficient and high alpha dmg @ 140 dmg per shot. Also it has the longest range and tightest spread for shotguns. Main weakness is ammo capacity @ 4 shots by default. Great for short to mid range combat. Recommend slotting magazine capacity to bring it up to 6 shots.

Latron (semi-auto rifle) Another ammo efficient weapon, high dmg high accuracy. You'll want to hang back and pop people's head off with this due to the low rof.

Kunai (sidearm) Armor ignore, high dmg, high rof, 100% stagger. This is a great weapon against grineer and high armored foe. Main downside is the throwing arc makes it tricky to use.

Lex (sidearm) Desert eagle for warframe. high dmg, low rof, hit scan makes this a good sidearm to start with for newbie. Alternatively, you can farm Captain Vor for Seer which is similar to Lex but it has bullet travel time so need some aim compensation at long range.

Dual Ether (melee) armor ignore, fast attack, you can stun lock enemies with this. Main downside is the short range and spammy play makes my finger hurt.

Any of the heavy weapons are pretty good but typically you won't be able to melee much in late game so don't worry about spending catalyst or forma on them until you got your primary and secondary weapon ready.