View Single Post
Old 2014-04-24, 08:14   Link #34394
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
If there is an award for the worst and most convenient for the plot characterisation, then I nominate Genji! I'm sure he's going to get it!
Well, it is not his position to judge his mistress' decision what to do with the household since he is only furniture. It's not like this was not foreshadowed more than enough.
But yes, Genji is a horrible human being for giving up on life. I think the problem is that he himself doesn't believe in anything getting better from this point onwards, so he will just serve as a tool for the person he screwed up, just like he served as a tool for the person he loved...

Quote:
I also really like the hint about the golden butterflies, but I suddenly feel stupid for not thinking too deeply about them.
Yeah, the damn clocks were all over the place. I checked and the 30min rule actually is in place as far as I can see. It'd be kinda cool to go over the first 4 Episodes again and look out for these elements.

Quote:
I think that, playing by her own rules, she would have to stick with Eva if she chose to kill everyone and keep the gold to herself.
But what doesn't make sense here is, this wouldn't be the story Sayo would write for her message bottles. She wrote Yasuda Sayo, the Golden Witch of Rokkenjima as the culprit of her tales in order to be found, tried and judged, either by the person she loved or a person who understands her. If she actually considered a story where somebody was to ursurp her plan...that wouldn't make much sense thematically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
There's more to it than that, certainly, and maybe she's thinking that a happily ever after with one of her love interests could theoretically happen, but the way she phrased that does give me pause to think.
I actually stumbled over a page I failed to translate
This seems to be the final page of the Confession-arc:
Spoiler for Translation:

It really paints a sad picture of a woman who got so caught up in her delusions that she became unable to think of anything else, she couldn't stand one more day without thinking of putting an end to this horrible family...and looking at her life that is really kinda tragic since she herself was the one who became unable to see things with love and she knew it.

Last edited by haguruma; 2014-04-24 at 08:28.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote