View Single Post
Old 2014-04-24, 09:03   Link #34396
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
She appears to be saying that the sins she has committed are of imagining these events. This reminds me of that scene in the VN where Battler says she hasn't sinned in "this world" in response to Beatrice mentioning all the sins she's committed countless times. I think there was also some bit earlier in the manga about "a girl who imagined a tragedy" or something to that effect.
Yes, this line intrigued me as well and I was wondering how to translate it best.
It is vague even in the original Japanese and I think there are several ways to read these.
1) The most boring one: By writing them down she gave her plan a clear form that can be traced back later and her Golden Land can technically be destroyed. If she were just to make the bomb explode then "her crime" would be non-existent in a way as well.
2) The more likely one: Since she keeps claiming in this chapter that she went mad over writing these but at the same time couldn't stop anymore, it is quite likely that she blames herself for backing herself into this corner. If she hadn't imagined it again and again then her mindset would have never become like this.
3) The poetic one: She knows deep down that she is unable to commit these crimes and will likely fail or be foiled, but she still cannot back down and hopes that her sin might be discovered because it even comes into existence on more than paper.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote