View Single Post
Old 2008-04-18, 07:20   Link #49
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
Why was there a "rundown" (you know the damaged buildings where basara lived) district in Macross 7? Former Attack?
The setting of Macross 7 takes place in 2045, which is just shy of 8yrs since it's maiden voyage from Earth.

Many things could of taken place, all we know is that the emigration before the Varuta War was relatively quiet.

As in any new city, you can build new buildings, new areas, have a city ready for colonist. But when the initial excitement wears off the organic structure of a city inhabitants will gradually flow towards the more active sectors, thus creating abandon settlements as property prices sway depending on more successful areas.

While my memory is a bit rusty, i do remember them saying the area that Basara lived in, was the "abandon" sector.

While personally i don't think they would go with the pre-fabricated route, it's not impossible in the Macross Universe.

I think they would leave some areas clear for future expansion, thus they build when it's need rather then create an entire town from scratch.

If that ids the case then once again you just have to look around your own city, in mind we have some new office buildings, main a structures already erected, concrete slabs laid in. But the problem is that it has been like that for the past 5yrs. Apparently funding for it was dropped.

Other places properties have been abandon even though they have been built less then 10yrs.

The dynamics of economy determines the ebbs & flow of a city expansion.

I'll expect the same to happen in a macross colony city, after all it's sheer size is about 3 - 4 times the size of the City-state of Singapore. (not counting the countless "Island" Class ships trailing behind that act as the "countryside" for agriculture, natural reservation parks for plants, animal and the odd lot who likes a village lifestyle)