View Single Post
Old 2006-01-03, 01:06   Link #171
cloudedge

lol... researches and sciences are empirical methods that heavily depends on "observations" and statistics

I happened to take a Empirical Study / Statistic Course last term and for anyone who have taken any high level Statistic course they'll understand that when you write a conclusion on any statistics results, it's HIGHLY subjective and often Error Prone and have numerous limitations.

To say that these definations come from researches (which directly translate to sampling a selected small percentage of the entire population) just means to me that this entire plan is a way for the writer of the plan to play god, because he controls the sampling / interpretations of the statistics.

I think it's pretty inarguable that to map a colation between gene and profession, there have to be some subjective interpretation. And whoever that is doing this interpretation (or setting the standard for it) is just simply playing god.

Which is why I see that Lacus choose to fight the Destiny Plan

Edit:
Note to the pop star problem:
So even when the most suitable job for the 495 rejected persons is to be a pop star, they can't be a pop stars, so instead they'll have to turn into something else that is not what their gene say is best suited for them.. the point of this plan is to put ppl in the place that best suit them, but what you just suggested just contradict it.
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote