View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 08:49   Link #1085
dfens

Cynor in the states such a place doesn't really exist.

Most comic stores won't order specialty anime items unless they are cheap and easily attainable. They don't have suppliers in japan that get them what most of us want. They mostly use diamond a US company so unless it's a licensed product for the american market they can't get it.

Their is a place down the street from me that use to stock and would order anything you wanted. He'd usually get items 1 month after it hit the shelves in japan.

But he no longer does online sales, and his prices are at a point to where you can order it straight from japan with shipping and still get a better deal and with a faster turn around time. The main reason I stopped buying from him I would pre-order or ask him to hold for me a certain figure usually a expensive one and he would never get it in. I was willing to prepay all in advance and nothing.

Here is my advice. If you want something you have to have and it might sale out right away. Then pre-order from japan. If you can wait or wanted it after it's been released then Ebay is the place to go. Recently I bought a figure off Ebay it was sold out everywhere and out of print, paid a few bucks over retail not much but had to have it. Which is funny since this is the first time I didn't pay under retail.

Collecting figures is a expensive hobby but I make more than enough to afford anyone that I want. I don't care about the price I just care about procuring one. I hate it when I might have to wait a long time to track one down or never find one when I'd buy it cash if it was sitting at a local retail shop. Don't be cheap but never over pay to the point where it's not worth having.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote