View Single Post
Old 2008-04-29, 02:49   Link #127
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's probably because people remember "A Star is Born" in any of its incarnations and see Sheryl as the star about ready to fall as Ranka rises in fame.

Sheryl does exhibit some risky behavior like believing she has perfect luck and that she has no barriers possibly without acknowledging why showing her arrogant side. She is about to cause a ripple in a relationship over a missing earring which means she's a little on the selfish and inconsiderate side. She thinks herself as invincible and encourages Ranka to follow in her footsteps without thinking that Ranka could possibly unseat her which is the normal cycle. Again, that's pretty arrogant.

Sheryl is the perfect setup for a fall.
Actually, if MF continues to follow in the mood of the original macross (Unless we've been giving a shower of nostalgic nudges, which I dont mind, until the series gets deeper) I wouldn't debate that Sheryl's career would be less than a focus for her as the series progresses, but I dont think such a thing would phase her, especially if its Ranka.

But if Ranka takes up singing (too early at this point, considering from speculation Singing = Vajra beacon for her). It pretty reminds me of the whole Linn Minmei situation where she became more focused on her career and popularity than to have time for anything else.

Although this is all early specualation, for all we know the Vajra may want Ranka for their side for Macross II-Style Emulator moral boosting