View Single Post
Old 2008-09-05, 00:03   Link #216
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@aneeshadc: Another thing I wanted to mention was that I don't necessarily think Alto now has trouble understanding her- but was originally too guilt ridden to do so. Him telling Sheryl to stop was probably more due to the fact he felt mostly responsible for her rather dangerous decision (namely, returning to sing again) seeing as he threw accusations at her when they were last together in that house. I wrote this on the romance thread already but, once KlanKlan told him about Sheryl, you could pretty much imagine how long time must have seemed to stretch as he got back to the house he so loathed, and waited for her return, only to be dealt yet ANOTHER blow by watching her collapse. Then there's his childhood nightmare of his mother's illness and death, Alto really had every reason to tell her to stop.

The difference really is that he backed off. With Ranka, despite her agony, he kept telling her to sing. Sheryl's original situation here probably doesn't count seeing as to Alto it would probably have seemed like a pop idol tantrum, but Ranka cried. She practically claimed to want to die, yet he asked her anyway. The fact that he could put away all his personal reasons in the end, namely his trauma over losing yet another loved one, and his guilt over getting Sheryl to choose this path, and finally his wish that she would be safe, just to let Sheryl do what she feels is the purpose of her state of living says a lot to me >__< I liked him so much this episode.