View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 16:32   Link #1273
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
@ Elo the Blue: I know. I agree completely! To me, Treize&Co. were always the influential ones, but somehow, it seemed to me that someone in the staff was a die-hard Relena fangirl and desperately tried to overshadow that with disproportional Relena- love. Like trying too hard. And THAT'S my main gripe right there. Everything else related to her is fine. Annoying sometimes, out of line sometimes, but fine.
I disagree. While Heero, Zechs and Treize ultimately made the biggest difference in the series, when you analyze GW's characters, the only individuals fit to even carry the show for long stretches were Heero and Relena. As much as I'm a fan of three of them, none of the four supporting Gundam pilots were capable of that. The direct and no-nonsense nature of Zechs in combat is juxtaposed perfectly by the uncertainty of his life outside of it, making him unfit to carry the show. And the various stretches where Treize wasn't shown only serve to prove just how good puppeteer he was.

With Heero and Relena, they embody all the best qualities of GW with their development as people, involvement in the wars, political activism(or disinterest) and youths being able to change the times. Every show has to have it's stars and you'e entitled to believe GW's writers went out of their way to make Relena one. Personally, I think they created and developed her character very well. Are there plot-holes? Of course. But that's to be expected with a 90s series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi_Uchiha View Post
in blind target some colony people have viwed her as a hypocrite and going as far as saying that she intended to use the colonies resourses for earths ends and that her way for peace was a lie, however relena insisted that she is was still learning and was attempting to bring a perfect understanding and order on to both the earth and colonies. and she went on saying that she wants bring them all into an era where they can all focus that attention and resolve it diplomatically.

she gained a lot of credit and appeal because she had honestly stayed true to her words and lets face not many politics fiction or real are well know for haveing a 'true to my word' streak. and to be vice forign minister at the age of 15 is something.
You're right; I had forgotten about Blind Target. Even though the group Ralph Kurt was involved with were radicals, they are further proof Relena was not universally loved.