Thread: Dragon Age II
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-18, 10:52   Link #1034
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
SS1 was a great game! I don't understand why people hated it so much, honestly...

And most of the ME2 hate I've heard hasn't been about it's space-opera roots, but about "console-ification" and being "dumbed down."

The complaints are ridiculous, of course--they were both designed with consoles in mind and ported to PC (though, ME2 was developed cross-platform and it shows in how much better a port it is than ME1 for PC).

Besides all that gameplay, plot, graphics, interface and other technical crap, the largest part of my personal game ratings comes from how much fun I have with the game and how much time I spend on it before putting it down for a while. And I've been furiously playing DA2 ever since I got it, and I suspect I will not uninstall it unless I start running out of hard drive space.

There were plenty of "bad" games I found ridiculously fun, and I suspect there will be more in the future.
My biggest issue with ME2 was just how short the actual story felt in it. You start, gather up your companions, do a loyalty quest, and then go to the final battle. It was just part of how the story was set up, but geeze it just felt short. Thankfully DLC helped build it up a little and added more things to do.

I can't really use how much I play something before putting it down to rate it, since I'm pretty much like that with most games. Unless it's just terrible then I'll be hard pressed to finish it at all. Rating a game usually comes after I'm done and the story definitely plays a key role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Is everyone in the party out of their goddamned minds? About the only one with any semblance of sanity is Aveline and... well Bethany sort of.
I'd probably include Varric and say yeah pretty much everyone else that joins your party is just messed up and nuts. Ironically you can't romance those three also .