View Single Post
Old 2012-01-13, 21:03   Link #73
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
Okay so your'e saying basically to kill everyone off because of the actions of one person right?
I'm saying that for someone who's only concern is securing Konoha from the power Sharingan is capable of that's the clearest course of action. And it's the only one ensured to be permanent. It's horrifying, but yeah, it makes sense to me

Quote:
I can tell you that there are some of the people who live with the Uchiha Clan who do not inherit/possess their powerful abilities, those could be people who marry into the Clan, these people who do not inherit their abilities but still serve as members of the clan such as Sasuke's Aunt or Uncle who run their Gift Shop (I don't see them performing any Fireball Jutsu's), some who do the small grunt work or like his Mother who's probably a stay at home mom.
Sasuke's stay at home mom was a jounin-ranked nin, but that's besides the point. I doubt Danzou and the Elders wanted the clan dead because they believed every single Uchiha down to the last man, woman and child was evil. And I don't believe that's why Itachi chose to kill the clan. As long as the clan survived the future threat would be there. Yeah, Sasuke's aunt & uncle are harmless. What about their children? Their grandchildren? The Kyuubi and the threat of rebellion pushed those fears to the breaking point. It's always seemed strange to me that Sarutobi didn't do more to try to stop it, but hey, maybe he felt there was no choice left either.

Itachi left Sasuke alive, but he wanted the Uchiha legacy to die. That wouldn't happen as long as there was a clan to rally the Uchiha. Madara's was the true enemy of course, but even as dangerous as he is, he's still a single, tangible threat. The clan was scores, maybe hundreds of uncertainties and each generation brings more. A Uchiha might be a loyal shinobi like Obito, or they could become the next Madara.

But I guess this is better left for the Itachi hero/villain thread...

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure that if the Uchiha rebellion was stomped the first time by itachi and sarutobi, they would dare not try a second time or it would probably take a very long time too to do so again, because by this point itachi and sarutobi would put strict policies in place on any clan in konoha who would attempt to plot a coup.
How would they do that? As Konoha's elite police force, the Uchiha were already the ones enforcing Konoha's laws. Plus, it was Konoha's harsh policies that drove them to plot rebellion in the first place. They're going to remedy that by being even stricter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
the point is in naruto world the people sasuke is after are powerful in a political sense, so if he goes after them its bad because it may start a war, but if its just a criminal the atitude is hey its ok to go after them. but really what is sasuke supposed to do, just forget about it because of political reasons, this is his family we are talking about. who is going to sit on this and not do something about it.
The problem is that Sasuke simply doesn't give a damn...about anything. Politics, friendships, cute puppies and kittens... he could care less about all that. That attitude has him stepping on a lot of toes. No one seemed to fundamentally have a problem with his revenge (at least until it became about destroying Konoha) Even when Sasuke killed Danzou hardly anyone seemed bothered by it. But to get at Danzou he raided a shinobi summit, sliced up a bunch of samurai and picked a fight with all the Kages at once. He pretty much wrecks whatever gets in his way .

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote