View Single Post
Old 2011-09-04, 12:25   Link #17
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
More Takako (>.>). I still cannot stand that woman, even though she's been less annoying recently. Despite her intentions(and success) at finding that guy, I don't feel it makes up for her lack of empathy of Ohana's situation while they were on the train.
I agree that they were uncalled for.
- She came to Kissuiso not hoping to get her mama back, but mostly to have a roof over her head. Her only "hope" was to connect with the rest of her family. Who've all been distant jerks to her. She ended up choosing her job over her mom, and now that job is disintegrating under her feet through no fault of her own. (Though one could argue that if there's blame to be laid, some could be shoveled Takako's way... maybe. I still don't get why Sui decided to close the inn.)
- It's true that the problems of the young aren't the same as the problems of adults. They're cared for. Fed, housed and all. But they also have a lot less power over their own circumstances.
- You'd think someone who took at least a decade to go from acquaintances to husband and wife would be more sympathetic to Ohana's slow, awkward romance.