View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 01:10   Link #29742
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Yet again I think you are mixing up what is possible on the gameboard and what is possible within the metaworld.
I'm unsure where you're getting this distinction between a "gameboard victory" and a "metaworld victory", as they are the same thing, in Umineko's workings. You "win" a gameboard by successfully refuting the Illusion of the Witch in the Meta layer. And putting aside whether she can apply old reds to the current game, all she has to do is SUSPECT Kinzo is dead, which is EXTREMELY reasonable based even on just what her perspective would be on the gameboard. Kinzo is already dead, isn't he? is pretty easy peasy, and effectively becomes the red truth if not refuted. And I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been refuted.

Quote:
But Natsuhi didn't know that he did.
Yeah she does. She literally says "Of course, my husband had heard about the baby."

Quote:
You are missing the gaps here I think. Battler is not always around.
There is this strange plot of Eva leaving together with Rosa and Genji only to come back again to the dining hall, isn't there? Why did she do that? Why did she feel the need to mark the entrance to the room Genji was in? Why did the same thing happen in Genji's room as in the room Rosa went to after that scene?
And there is a reason to "fool" Battler for somebody on the island, isn't there? That person chose not to reveal him/herself to him, but kept the disguise of Beatrice.
Eva and Erika discussed the door seals beforehand, at dinner, so it's not exactly a coincidence. I'll admit, I very much like the idea of nested conspiracy groups, but Battler simply being an accomplice (to what degree and under what coercions, I could not say) seemed way more apparent.
I mean, he was an accomplice in Dawn, too, and we have WAY less information on whatever the hell was going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But in the end who would be most likely in charge of disposing of Kinzo's body?
Man, someone really needs to write a forgery focusing on the misadventures of silently sassy Genji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Better yet The Ushiromiya's could just find a letter in the study.

Dear, family

Gone Fishin! I took Krauss's Boat!

Love, Grandpa
Oh wow, that is MARVELOUS. And Natsuhi can just claim she lied about meeting him in his study because he'd ordered her to, on pain of massive dishonor.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote