View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 03:01   Link #21841
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ It's because mana is produced from life force at realtime (i.e., the magician only releases mana and only the amount he/she needs at that moment for a particular spell, probably unless that spell is designed to produce more mana than what is used), and that mechanic doesn't apply to espers. This is one big difference between espers and magicians.
You missed my point. Theoritically, everybody can use magic, even espers(for example Accelerator can use magic even though he never learnt it before becoming esper), but the law of Kamachi stated that people explode when they use magic in a place filled with esper's AIM, just like Vento did, which brings me the question, why some magician can still use magic in place filled with AIM radiation such as AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If you can imagine the body of an Esper as a 'temple' with it's own laws, and the laws within that 'temple' conflicts with the laws of magic.

A magician's body doesn't have those laws within it.

So what the Artificial Heaven does is to place it's own laws into the existing world outside to screw with how magic works.
Aah, but by definition, radiated AIM in itself alter the law in the existing world(for example, wind turbine turning without wind or electricity just by having Mikoto nearby), albeit in an extremely smaller scale than Artificial Heaven. In a city filled with such law changing field from millions of people, how can some people still use magic while espers with almost no power but has done the esper program can use magic.

In your analogy, if the body of esper with its own set of law, then the AIM radiation field od said esper is the law leaking out from the temple that's adopted much more loosely in the neighborhood. In AC, there's million of such temple, so the neighborhod's law in AC must have change unexplicably just from the loosely adopted laws from that millions of temple. How can magic's law still work on such neighborhood where the aw has transformed(not completely maybe, but still transformed from the leaked AIM)?