View Single Post
Old 2008-01-26, 03:18   Link #18937
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Oh HELL no.

It's just me and a few others who try every means to dodge, bribe, kill just can't resist the draw of it. Don't let our likings put you off, just shoot. We all want the OC thread to be as varied as ever, otherwise it would either be a sentai Metal Hero or a Mobilesuit creation thread.

Lingo for one is the best example of a non-mecha OCer. See why he's policing things here? And there's Tk, our dear (gruff) Sergeant Major bent on instilling discipline in our cadres, and Aaron doing his part on holding the fort. All of them aren't that mechy, so feel free to post urs. We might not get the refs, but it'll still be fun to read.

Besides, the less we get the refs, the more it'll look original and stand out, ne?

As for me, I just ripoff so much its my sad trademark now...

So bottomline: JUST SHOOT IT!
To add on to this, I've mentioned before (early on in the thread's life; I think it's among my first posts in here, actually) that it would be best if the references are kept as independent as possible from the action. In other words, don't assume that your readers know what the reference is.

Spoiler for Warning: incoming rant.:

tl;dr: References should be references. Crossovers should be crossovers. Neither are bad, but the two are not the same thing.

As for the mecha-references thing, I'm not a mecha anime fan, and in fact I don't really like mecha anime. My favourite mecha anime would probably be Magic Knight Rayearth, and that's about it.