View Single Post
Old 2012-02-03, 09:25   Link #23
xMythycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
If you are looking for a good Gamecube JRPG for your Wii, then I highly recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends. It's beginner friendly but a lot of fun. Indeed it remains one of the best JRPGs on any system, in my opinion. You may find it easier/cheaper to get Xenoblade Chronicles instead, which is a fine choice though XD

As for the PS2, well there's so many to choose from. Sadly as you are PAL region, you miss out on a few good ones (Xenosaga, Suikoden 3, Radiata Stories etc) but there are still boatloads out there at very reasonable prices. Perhaps you might enjoy;
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmaria - fast paced and cinematic free flowing battles, very in-depth storyline with a lot of characters to recruit, artistically impressive
Legaia 2: Dual Saga - custom attack battle system (very, very good), nice characters, nice music, nice plot, nice price.
Grandia 2 - This one is just a lot of fun, highly recommended JRPG with an epic score.
There's plenty more, but I see you have a tough enough time deciding anyway XD
I'm sure having a tough time, but you guys certainly are a big help. Too bad the Ps2 is actually region locked (although that does make the choice easier )

The problem with choosing JRPG's while just getting into the whole genre is that there's such a massive amount of different games and things that differs between them (strategic, turn based, stories, music etc.). This makes it really really hard to "just" choose one and start playing.
Right now I'm even thinking about buying a few games all with a different approach to combining all the elements, and then just decide on what I like the most. Even then this seems to be pretty much impossible...

Add my 3DS: 2793 - 1012 - 8861