View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 17:02   Link #116
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Transfer Student is a Second Childhood Friend

Minna, before watching this episode I spent some time reading all the posts in this thread, and it definitely went true what was discussed in this third episode.

It wasn't only delicious but exquisite as well watching the moe and tsundere-ness factors overflowing everywhere as the "Love-For-Ichika" dynamics kept popping everytime.

Yukana-san voice surprises me at how her pitch changed from the dignified ojou-sama in the previous episode to the girly-maiden in love in this one. It was such a treat to watch. Of course, Houki's tsundere-ness is neither second to anyone nor loses ground to any other.

It's both funny and cute how both Ichika and Houki's situation living and sleeping under the same room and in the same dorm parallels that of a married (pseudo)couple.
I mean Ichika already in his t-shirt and short-pant pajamas, while Houki wearing a pink, long-robe adorned with a new sash, but it's funny and the married couple allegory makes more sense when Rin asks for Houki permission to switch places so that she spends alone the night with Ichika.

It felt to me as if Ichika was about get punished by his non-wife but single, childhood first friend Houki, as if she was a real wife to him.

Now, I do not understand why anime girls from puberty to their late teens are so harsh and heartless to their boy counterparts and childhood friends.

Reality is that for many boys we tend to forget things and are not able to read between lines what girls really mean or want. Now, that doesn't mean in anyway that all boys and men are like that.

Ichika's not idiot just he's either too naive to view seriously those things that are very important to teenaged girls or just too gullible. Unfortunately, laws of anime and manga regarding social relationships between teenaged (youth) characters each of the opposite sex are very adamant at forgiving the boy characters who tend to forget those special occasions that mean everything to the girl characters, and in which the consequences end up incurring the girl's wrath.

Hence, the episode moves on ending with Ichika getting cornered by Rin at a class-Rep duel, with the latter promising to wreak extensive torture and torment upon the former.

So, the multi-racial and multi-cultural harem continues to expand:

Japan: tsundere type.
England: ojou-sama type.
China: tomboy? type. (Anyone has any clear ideas about Rin's type.