View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 06:46   Link #1161
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Which is what I meant by whatever Alicization story will be, Kirito will ultimately in the end more drawn towards the VR world than reality. He understands that being No.1 in MMO is nothing but a child's dream, and yet he cannot help but dream of it. Eugeo's existence (assuming that's his name, since I read the Chinese translation and not English) as a strong rival and apparent genius in swordfighting shook him badly even as he shaped him up to become a great warrior.

Kirito's strength and performance has been falling little by little throughout the many arcs. I am pretty sure he notices that. Ever since SAO, which is when he is at the peak of his strength, he has been on the sliding scale in hopes of searching his meaning of life in reality, and that was Asuna. During GGO he mentions that he wasn't sure that he could beat Death Gun, which was supposed to be an easy opponent if you consider his former strength.

During Mother Rosario's route, he noticed that a KID girl was outfighting him, and noted that if she was in SAO the Dual Blade Wielding skill would've been inherited by her. The first fight was an intentional lost, but the second the KID beat him fair and square, who was supposed to be the 'hero' who saved SAO.

At the beginning of Alicization, Kirito once again noted his weakness, telling Gun Girl that he is much weaker and was no longer able to predict a bullet's trajectory. It's hard not to notice that Kirito is in a depressing dilemma that he is losing his one and only, proudest skill, which kind of explain my own question on why he participated in the Alicizing experiment in the first place. It was suspicious as hell, with the cannot remember memories and sht.

Even the girl himself told Asuna that she should watch over Kirito, because he gave people the feeling that he might just disappear some place far, far away. Asuna was probably Kirito's only reason to stay in the real world. Notice that Kirito's seems to sleep more and more after he returned to reality? That was probably a subconscious way for him to escape from reality and desire to return to the Virtual World.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether Yui is still a secret, but she is definitely known among their circle of friends and probably by the higher ups too.