View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 12:52   Link #75
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
First of all, I am aware that this post should belong to the SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY News Thread, but in light of the potential magnitude of this news (Provided that this is not some elaborate internet hoax) I felt the need to create a thread dedicated to this subject.

Through my contacts in the Zeitgeist movement I came across an email from a member who is asking everyone if the following youtube video and the information it contains is real or a hoax:

Basically, a nuclear engineer by the name of M.T. Keshe, born in Iran an educated in London, who know resides in Belgium, claims that he has discovered the technology to remedy the world's energy and food shortages problems, as well as improve transportation, medicine and space travel. Furthermore, these discoveries will be made available throughout the whole world, patent free, on September 21st.

The Keshe Foundation claims that all the governments of the world have already been made aware of the technology and it is now fully committed to spread the word so that big corporations and special interest have a tougher time opposing the change.

I would love it if people could help me dig up information on the foundation. I personally find it hard to believe, but you never know.

This is the link to the foundation's website:

http://www.keshefoundation.org/en/

Here is a communicate directly from Mr Keshe:

These are indeed fantastic claims, but if they were true my first reaction would be fear of the potential terrorist attacks and possible wars erupting all the middle east and on US soil as some deranged individuals would surely seek to repeat the events of 9/11 on a bigger scale.

We will surely find out on September 21st, 7 days from now, whether a new course for humanity has been created or if I have made a big fool of myself.
Thank you Sugetsu.
As a published SF writer I like reading about these new ideas.
Do I think it is workable?
Not by our Type-0 civilization.
I think its a nice concept and it may have merit when (and if) we make it into the Type-1 class as a civilization, but right now I think it is more SF than science.

Thanks again though, I will read through their website and see if I can use any of their hypotheses for my work.