Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 19:39   Link #24274
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Ok this is a conspiracy theory of mine that I have been entertaining for a few years now, but now given the audio tape and the latest developments I think I am more inclined to look at it more seriously, so here it goes:

We all know that the "job creators" have been sitting on a trillion dollars record profit for years now, but instead of using that money and hiring new employees and expanding their businesses, they have been telling everyone that the market is too unstable right now. Therefore, they are waiting until the election when the market climate will become more certain.

My theory is that these guys are incredibly well organized, so much so that they have decided not to touch the mountain of cash they are setting on because they don't want the Obama administration to look good. They know that under a deregulatory environment they stand to make a killing, thus a GOP candidate is just what they are looking for.
Employers are not a united front. Both the democrat and republican party have some attractive selling points for corporations. The traditional regulatory and protectionist stance of the democrats do well with industries that like some shielding from the world markets or need regulatory enforcement to protect their interest like IP etc.

I'm sure many companies in industries like manufacturing, agriculture, pharmaceutics, publishing and content providers are more likely to favor the democrats over the republicans.

The jobless recovery has more to do with globalization. Cost efficiency causes production to get shipped overseas to developing countries, technology replaces low skilled labor. Only low paid service jobs and temporal employment remain. The working and lower middle classes have seen a relative decline in wealth, not just in the US but in most of the developed world. This also affects politics as desperate people are more likely to vote for populists who promise quick fixes.