View Single Post
Old 2004-03-27, 19:44   Link #80
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
It's not like the questions involved advanced calculus, or did they .
With an IQ of over 200, shikamaru wouldn't have had that hard of a time figuring out how to solve a math problem up to about the calc 1 level. That's part of what being a genius is. Plus, as long as he attended class, he would get exposed to all the info he'd need to have a base knowledge to work out more advanced problems. Still given how lazy he is, it's far more likely he just let Ino do her mind swap thing and take the test for him. The sign of a true [lazy] genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
You're starting to stray from my main point... I said that there is a difference between studying and being smart... But then, when I thought of the shuriken question in the test, I thought that Shikamaru might be able to answer them, because mathematics/physics is all about reasoning and logic (which is also how you measure IQ)... Knowledge, however, will have to be studied...

Shikamaru's geinus-ness isn't book oriented, but rather in tactics.
He has a good sense of how people will react, can judge strengths and weaknesses, and can formulate battle plans, of which none really have to do with geometry, chemistry, lingustics, etc.

The question(s) Sakura answered - she said that the question involved both a high level of book smarts AND experience, which almost no one at the Genin level had. If you haven't studied physics, you can't piece together what's going on no matter what your IQ is.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote