View Single Post
Old 2009-08-25, 15:23   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Yeah Lucky Star is a hit or miss for most people, but to call it shitty is kind of overkill. Only the hardcore otaku can really aprreciate the series as a whole though.

Anyways, that new Mio figure has put me in quite the predicament. I'm considering holding off on the Alter Mio now that Kotobukiya has a prototype out, but if it ends that the Kotobukiya turns out not that great then it'll probably be too late to pre-order the Alter version. I tend to prefer Kotobukiya products overall anyways, but I agree with Vexx when he says the face looks a little off, and I want to see the complete design of the outfit before making my decision.
Yeah I went ahead and pre-ordered the Alter Mio and hope I don't regret it. Alter has done consistently decent work on all the figures I've ordered from them so I'm not tooooo worried. And I suppose there's always ebay if something else pops up (which reminds me that some of my stuff is due for ebaying).
Kotobukiya does good work too... but that draft model was just way off-model so yes... dilemma.