View Single Post
Old 2014-02-16, 00:36   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Gargantia wasn't very great and A-1 isn't exactly the best choice for animating this kind of show but since Urobuchi is on board, I will watch it and if it has CGI, it has to be done either by Orange (heard Majestic Prince features some of the best CGI in a while) or Sanzigen (did a good job on 009: Re Cyborg and Arpeggio of Blue Steel).
A-1 have been working on CGI techniques for this show, from Anime-Expo last year....

Quote:
Rivera: What's the strongest combination?

Ueda: We formed the strongest party around with Aniplex and A-1 Pictures.

Rivera: What's the next stage?

Ueda: The next stage of our development is to make something that would supersede Gundam. I think we need digital technology to achieve that. At A-1 we've experimented with a couple of 3D animation technologies. Let's take a look at a couple of those.

Rivera: These are original clips.

[Clips of 3D objects and action scenes are shown]

Ueda: Thank you. 3D needs to be prominent but the most important thing is a good story and plot. I hope we'll be able to show our new original robot animation as soon as possible. Please look forward to it.
And to be fair anyone who isn't Bones and old gainax have no choice but to go for 3d animation when it comes to mecha with 2d mecha animators being an a dying breed.