View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 17:46   Link #228
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, after doing some digging around myself, I didn't see any confirmation of this. Rather, it seems that the lv. 6 prisoner thing was just a theory that was thrown around by some fans. Frankly, as interesting as it sounds, I rather doubt the chances of that being the case since it probably wouldn't just result in a rebellion from Z alone, but just about ALL marines who follow the "Moral Justice" doctrine (Garp, Aokiji, Smoker, Coby, etc.). But in the end, I do still believe that the pirate who ruined Z's life is a new character.
That info I got is not from the fans, but from someone who actually saw the movie and got the booklet (Louis-954 from NF forums). I don't think the opinions of the moral justice followers mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's the World Government that decides on which individuals to recruit into the shichibukai, not the marines. Furthermore, the main reason why Z left the marines is because this particular shichibukai pirate killed his squad and cut off his forearm. That being said, Z especially loathes this pirate, and was absolutely disgusted that the World Government granted him amnesty relieving him of his crimes. That's what pushed Z over the edge; he had lost all hope in the government when it came to administering proper justice. The other moral justice followers you mentioned didn't have the personal beef with this pirate that Z did, so there was no real reason for them to defect from the marines as well. And even though Sengoku expressed his strong disapproval over the cover-up of the level 6 Impel Down escapees, he still remains in the marines to this day. Therefore, the other moral justice advocates wouldn't follow suit of Z's course of action (and as a matter of fact, they didn't).

Perhaps this info is misinterpreted. But being an escapee from level 6 of Impel Down would not be a reason to not be considered for shichibukai candidacy. And besides, I'd imagine that cutting off the forearm of a former admiral and killing their squad to the point of leaving only 2 surviving members would warrant a level 6 confinement in itself; that's an extraordinary feat that indicates the pirate in question is extremely dangerous.

We also know that this pirate begged for his life. So what happened could have come down to 3 different scenarios:

1) The pirate tricked Z into having sympathy for him, and he used that opportune moment to cut off his arm and flee

2) Infuriated by his losses, Z mercilessly beat the pirate to a near-death state. The pirate still begged for his life, but Z didn't buy into his pleas and ended up locking him up at Impel Down.

3) Sometime after the whole incident, Z pursues this pirate and captures him resulting in his Impel Down confinement.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2012-12-23 at 14:56.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote