View Single Post
Old 2004-06-16, 09:56   Link #61
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

I really should know better than to feed the troll (who'll probably get the post deleted for off-topic again, and maybe this one too), but I'd like to compare "real game" gamers to "ero-game" gamers:

This was taken a few minutes ago by myself (yes, I DO play "real" games too). I've just slaughtered almost every guest at my club with a chainsaw. YEAH!!! I'm a REAL gamer now! Notice those little drops of blood on the camera lens? Hehehehehehe.....

Now THIS is some pretty sick stuff!! Would you look at that crap? Those two people seem to LOVE each other!! Sick bastards, if you ask me. I'm sure they'll even have SEX some time later. I'd prove it, but I can't post such extremely gross and sick pictures of it due to forum rules (not that it matters, there are only a few of them in the entire game). Needless to say, any gamer who indulges in stuff like this should be thrown in a mental hospital, and the key to the cell should be promptly tossed into the Atlantic Ocean afterwards.

95% or more of the stuff written above was sarcasm, just for the record.

Anyway, to stay somewhat on-topic:

I noticed kvant mentioning Brave Soul.

Brave Soul was one of my most anticipated ero-games. In mainstream gaming, RPG is one of my most favorite genres. I was thrilled at the thought of an ero-game which also was an RPG, as opposed to the same old ADV games we usually get. Of course, I wasn't expecting the RPG system to be remotely as good as Final Fantasy is (IMO), but it would be a refreshing change regardless.

Too bad it kept crashing after every other mission (which I solved after a few months and much angst). Anyway, I felt the combination of bishoujo/ero and RPG wasn't all that great in this game. Despite its non-linearity, repeating the same dungeons several times (to get all the girls' endings) wasn't all that fun since the RPG system is pretty primitive (aka boring). Also, the different girls' events tended to be a little too short for the amount of work you had to do before getting them. By all means, they weren't bad or anything, just too few and too short (mostly).

I hold greater hopes for Shield Gun Warrior SAKIGAKE. I'm not saying Brave Soul was bad, quite the contrary; I did enjoy it. But I know it can be done better, and I'm hoping we'll see that not too far into the future.

Last edited by AG3; 2004-06-16 at 11:59. Reason: Shield Gun, not Gun Shield.
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote