View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 15:15   Link #120
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Except that all the nightly prime time series are dramas. The law, police, crime, etc. shows.
I am aware of that, I am a big fan of NCIS and Law and Order myself, but from my personal experience when I talk to male friends about those kind of shows they usually refer to them as crime shows or mystery shows, almost never do I hear the word "drama" when describing them other then in the big flashy commercials saying that they are tv's #1 new drama.

What something actually is and how it is perceived are two different things, even thought at the core those shows are actually drama's, people don't seem to consider them as such generally. Most shows usually have a adjective describing the type of drama such as "action drama" or comedy and so forth and usually people identify the adjective more then the genre itself.

Honestly, i think its all because of certain stereotypes about certain genre's, It took my forever to actually watch Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because of all the negative ideas I had about magic girl animes and once I watched the show it became one of my favorite animes.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote