View Single Post
Old 2004-05-09, 04:51   Link #3
7thMethuselah

123 = male 28 Vlaanderen - Europe
45 = off course otherwise how stupid would I be visiting this forum. How big a fan? Well apart from anime and the daily news I don't watch any tv at all. I watch anime daily, buy alot of DVD and manga, collect action figures and resin statues, so yes I consier myself a big anime fan.
67 = Well I watch all types of anime, the stuff I watch is both shoujo and shounen, i like action, comedy, scifi, slice-of-life, ecchi, fantasy, ... Basically I switch between genres otherwise stuff can get boring. My preferred genre is ecchi/comedy/romance however
89 = well apart from shounen action anime nothing is shown on tv here (well almost no anime is shown at all) so everyone thinks all anime is like that.
10 11 12 = there will always be popular and nonpopular anime, and some genre's will never be shown on tv thus keeping them in the underground. The reason is simple, the perception of how anime is viewed is strongly dependant on the anime shown on tv
13 14 15 16= who cares, most anime loving people are not geeks, and the people that think so are usually people that do not watch anime or refuse to give it a chance. It is not important how other people view you, what important is how you view yourself ! If you like anime, by all means enjoy it, don' t let others tell yo what to like or dislike.
17 = Not really anything I wanna say but I've introduced my friends to some very different anime from the stereotypical image and most (not all ) liked it, the best way to change the view on anime is to introduce the people around you to stuff they'll never see otherwise

PS The anime I've shown them are KGNE, Full Metal Panic, Naruto, Chobits, ...

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-05-09 at 10:03.