View Single Post
Old 2004-05-09, 10:05   Link #6
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
1. Age: 17
2. Location (just country is fine): Netherlands
3. Gender*: M
4. Do you consider yourself to be an anime fan? Yes
5. If yes, how much of one? Let's say i spend almost all of my spare time on it
6. Do you generally associate yourself with the shounen/shojo anime/manga genre of your gender? No, i prefer combinations
7. Why or why not? I think i like the humor, though some good action in a story can make it way better, also I like a good relationstoryline
8. Do you think anime is becoming more mainstream where you are? Yes
9. Why or why not? Most people have watched some anime (DBZ, Gundam or something like that) and when you talk about it they are really disapointed that there isn't more of it on tv
10. What do you see for the "future" of anime where you are, that is, will every show become as popular as Pokemon? "Gotta jutsu 'em all" maybe? o.O Or will anime remain a somewhat-underground "geeky" pastime? I think it will remain geeky because the ones that do watch anime are a litlle bit too hyped, so it scares away the mainstream
11. Speaking of stereotypes, is anime still a geeky pastime? This may tie in the "becoming mainstream" question, but perhaps not. Yes
12. Why or why not? People don't even know what anime (the word) is, so how can it be mainstream
13. If you could get rid of that stereotype of only geeks watching anime, the geeks that can't get girlfriends and can't get a life, would you want to? Dunno, i don't mind what the most people think of me, and the ones i do mind know me well enough to know i'm not a geek (or at least that's what I think)
14. Why or why not?
15. Will anime becoming more mainstream get rid of that stereotype, you think? Depends
16. Why or why not? if everyone gets really hyped about anime (as much as ppl in europe are about soccer) yes, if not that much, not
17. Lastly, if there was anything you could say to the general mainstream television audience (think American Idol and Survivor fans here if need be) regarding anime and its sometimes-associated stereotypes, what would it be?
Just watch it and find out why ppl get so hyped about it.