View Single Post
Old 2004-05-10, 14:13   Link #16
HoboGod
Necromancer

1. Age: 18
2. Location: United States
3. Gender: Male
4. Do you consider yourself to be an anime fan? yes.
5. If yes, how much of one? not much, i wont watch anime just because it is anime.
6. Do you generally associate yourself with the shounen/shojo anime/manga genre of your gender. FUCK NO.
7. Why or why not? The genre I could care less about, I watch anime for only three reasons: violence, gore, and humor. If it doesn't have enough of those 3 parts, i'm not going to watch it because it falls in the genre I like.
8. Do you think anime is becoming more mainstream where you are? yes.
9. Why or why not? don't know, don't care, i'm anti-social, I just notice more people watching anime.
10. What do you see for the "future" of anime where you are? as anime becomes popular, people are going to bitch about it being too violent. many shows will be censored extensively for television. hopefully as a result, somebody with enough balls will run uncencored anime on free TV and run it with a mature rating.
11. Speaking of stereotypes, is anime still a geeky pastime? yep.
12. Why or why not? Because there are still geeks who watch anime. You could put geekyness in anything if alot of geeks liked it.
13. If you could get rid of that stereotype of only geeks watching anime, would you want to? I don't care, so I wouldn't bother.
14. Why or why not? I'm anti-social, i don't care what people think.
15. Will anime becoming more mainstream get rid of that stereotype, you think? don't know, don't care.
16. Why or why not? see answer 14.
17. Lastly, if there was anything you could say to the general mainstream television audience regarding anime and its sometimes-associated stereotypes, what would it be? "Send me money."