View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 10:57   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Eh, i'm not sure if smoker would have mentioned it... also its possible that ao kiji and Akainu would have chosen Punk Hazard as their battle ground BECAUSE the island was already closed off 2 years earlier. I mean afterall they would want to fight on a deserted island. Though this would beg the question, if PH wasn't close off because of its chilly/fiery climate, then for what reason WAS it closed off?

Well, if not Smoker, then somebody in his group (like Tashigi). But my main point was that if PH really were the admirals' battleground, then I'd think that at least a good majority of the marine personnel would have known the location of their battlefield. But Smoker nor any of his subordinates said anything about the admiral fight, so I'm led to believe otherwise. Besides, if what I said about PH being like OP's Chernobyl is true, then I'd highly doubt that those guys would want to fight on an island where they'd risk getting radiation poisoning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Speaking of mystical creature, maybe that was the experiment that was going on in the island. The WG might be experimenting with Awaken State Zoan, or even replicating Mystic Zoan power.
That's definitely an interesting idea. In fact, I think I even brought up the possibility of the dragon being a mutant in the last chapter thread, so maybe the harpy woman and those giant kids could all be mutants, as well. In fact, this may even explain where all those freaky beasts from Impel Down came from (like the basilisk, sphinx, etc.)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Eh, it seems a lot of people are convinced the head and the lower body is different samurai because "they don't have the same speech pattern, the lower body says "buh" at the end".

Let me clarify one thing, that is a possibility, but also keep in mind, "bu" is sound of fart.
It's plausable that it's just a childish joke by Oda that the lower half is literally speaking out of its ass.

Boy, would that be hilarious if that were true. And to think that someone pointed out during the last chapter that the "bu" could come from the same "bu" as "bushido"!

I'm still sort of doubting that Buggy or Law are responsible for splitting apart the samurai, though. There's definitely a strong possibility that it's either of their doing, certainly, but there's also still the chance that this may not even be the work of a DF power at all, and could just be another of the island's bizarre "experiments" at work here.....

Oh, and since I haven't seen anyone else bring it up already: Samurai's son for nakama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That guy says nothing but crap all day.

Yeah, he sure was a cheeky fella, wasn't he?

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-02-16 at 11:30.