View Single Post
Old 2006-02-19, 17:10   Link #61
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin4242
Questions, questions... can anybody tell me Kalinin's codname? Does Tessa have one? Does Mardukas have one?
Not that I can remember.

Quote:
How exactly are the crew of TDD-1 organised? There's the SRT, and I've heard of a PRT... what are the divisions, who (named characters) is in which, and what are their ranks? What are the responsibilities of each group? Do we know how many unnamed characters work in them? I believe Kalinin referred once to 200 crew.
SRT is an abbreviation for "Special Response Team." PRT is an abbreviation for "Primary Response Team." PRTs are the ones with lower enlisted ranks, whose major task is providing ground support, whereas SRT members are of higher enlisted and lower officer ranks that specializes in AS combats.

Since TDD is sort of an equivalent of the Marines and the Navy combined, I'll use the U.S. Marine Corps ranks for enlisted and Navy for officers.

SRT Uruz numbers (using Navy rank):

01 Lt. Gail McCarran (died) -> Lt. Jr Grade Belfangan Clouzot
02 Ensign Mellissa Mao
03 Lt. Jr Grade Castero (died)
04 "Hammer"
05 Sgt. Roger Sandarapta
06 Sgt. Kurz Weber
07 Sgt. Sousuke Sagara
08 Corporal Speck
09 Corporal Yan Jun-Kyu
10 Corporal Nguyen Bien Bo (traitor, shot and killed)
11 (blank)
12 Sgt. John Dunnigan (traitor, shot and killed)

Quote:
Kurz's guitar is a Gibson. Any information on what make? Has it ever been illustrated?
The only fact known is that it's a forty year old Gibson Les Paul which was owned by his dad, and that it will easily fetch $10,000 USD at a pawn shop.

Quote:
AS pilots appear to use fairly normal looking weapons (I know nothing about the military). Would these be the same weapons they would use on foot? If not, what are they? Particularly with regards to Kurz.
You mean the PSG-1 sniper rifle?

Quote:
What are the medical facilities on the TDD-1 like? Who is in charge? Do we know their name? Have they appeared in the anime? How well would they know the rest of the crew? How often do people end up visiting the medical facilities? Considering how few characters we know well and how often they seem to wind up requiring treatment, would it be fair to assume it might be a busy place, or are many of the crew in less rough jobs?
I assume the medical crew appeared in the first FMP anime.

Quote:
Classic rock music. That's how Kurz's taste is referred to in the information thread. Are there any specific examples of this given? In the English manga Kaname says excitedly "He can sing just like Steve Tyler!" So what language would he sing in? Presumably Japanese would feel most natural, but there's German too and the comparisons make me wonder if English would be a possibility. I guess it depends if it's covers or his own songs. Or does he do both? (BTW the books mention him singing "Take Me Out Mariana Trench" somewhere, don't they? To the students. I've seen a translation of this song somewhere, but I can't find it now. Does anybody know where I could get one?)
Once again, people think too hard on what languages they speak. It's a freakin' story! Just let it be! If it were any closer to reality, you'll have FMP characters talking and written in so many freaking languages that only a person who is fluent in ten different languages to get the story!!