Thread: Major 2nd
View Single Post
Old 2018-04-23, 16:12   Link #14
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I like Daigo a lot; actually a whole lot more than Goro. So it's a guy with Drive but no talent, and a guy with talent but no drive. Very interesting dynamic.

But that maybe just be the series being more like an Adachi manga, who loves to use his main characters as foils. Mix scans has pretty much caught up already, so I guess I'll stick with this for now as my sport anime of the season. Sorry Tsubasa, you may also have a childhood friend LI, but I already know your story and this one is new. XD
I think I'll like it better once Mutsuko gets over her broken pedestal. I mean, it kind of stands to reason that Daigo would freak out if a cute girl expressed interest in him on account of his efforts when his "hard work" was really a desperate struggle to be even mediocre while every moment hurts inside. Someone who's crushed by his physical inability to perform wouldn't be likely to seriously enjoy someone talk about how wonderful their "performance" is. I'm not saying he's really right or anything. He's putting far too much pressure on himself and it's kind of stopping him from managing anything at all. But I'd like to see her finally realize where he was coming from and quit "hating" him for her perception of the situation. Just like I'd like to see HIM realize that, even if he was hurting at the time, he was still a bit of a jerk to jump down her throat over it. I'd like to hurry and get out of this in-between where she thinks far too little of him.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote