Thread: Major 2nd
View Single Post
Old 2018-04-28, 11:24   Link #16
BWTraveller
Born to ship

So looks like Daigo is going to become a catcher. Interesting move there. On the one hand, it's a position that really doesn't stand out; I at first didn't know they played much of any role besides squat and catch. I'm guessing this means it's easier for someone whose arm can't exactly handle hard throws/pitches or swinging the bat. But then I looked it up on Wiki and turns out it's a very strategic position, set in a place where you can get a good view of the whole field and make choices to guide the other players. The sort of role that would be perfect for a ball-loving guy who knows an absolute ton about the sport and strategies. So if he really dedicates himself, this could actually be the perfect position for him, one in which he could frankly make the game for his team.

It'd be interesting to see an outsider's view of this as well. For instance, have Sakura start out thinking no better of him or acting like being catcher's nothing special, until she gets a look at how battered and blue he gets, and how hard he works to master his role in defense.

Either way, I just hope what Wiki says about catchers having fairly short careers doesn't hold true for him. It'd be a shame for him to finally become something special in the sport he loves only to have it end too soon.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote