Thread: Licensed Shokugeki no Soma [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 01:59   Link #20
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
^^ I know what Saiki is. It's an awesome and hilarious manga. I don't recognize about what AC and HQ are though. You shouldn't just use abbreviation on everything.

Man, JUMP is good for getting their manga popular and well-known fast but it's high risk to lose the series within a few dozens chapters. Considering that cooking manga is usually very long with many chapters planed ahead and detailed research, it'd be a huge waste to get caned like most unfortunate series.
He's referring to Assassination Classroom and Haikyu!!. The former bucked the trends of what makes a shonen manga, I think, which is exciting.

I'm not sure how I feel about this series. I really like food manga and I want something with such good art to do well, but this level of ecchi really shouldn't be in Jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Most cooking manga have a tendency to be ridiculously too long but I'd be sad if this one were to get axed within just 20 chapters.
At least, unlike Addicted to Curry and Yakitate Japan, this manga won't pigeonhole itself to a certain set of dishes. There's only so much to talk about when it comes to just one kind of food. Plus, this series seems to emphasize uncommon transformations instead of just doing something right like how Addicted to Curry is about the MC bringing up foreign curries to a Japanese diner, so it shouldn't run out of things to do too soon.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote