View Single Post
Old 2008-04-22, 22:30   Link #87
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The importance of the love triangle depends on the particular show, and what story it's trying to tell. For example, in SDF Macross, it's arguable that the romance was every bit as important as the war against the Zentradi. It's a little too early to say what role it'll play in Frontier, but it's so character-driven that I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true here as well.

By the way, the love triangle in Macross Plus was actually Guld-Myung-Isamu; of whom none qualify as a distraction.
Yes, you're correct. I've forgotten about Guld. Every Macross series exists a love triangle from the very start.

M7, very early Gamlin was infatuated with Mylene, however Basara did not acknowledge her as anything but a bandmate, he seems more interested in Emiriya anyways.

For this love triangle here, at the early going Ranka and Altoh is starting to warm up already. I know some folks are thinking Sheryl is like Misa who will show her true side and become the right girl. I'm not so sure, Sheryl seems like she will stand on her own for the most part. She doesn't act like she needs a guy and always confident and in charge of things. Where as Misa was unsure of herself because she was incompetant for 1/2 of the series making dumb orders for Hikaru to follow. My money is Sheryl will become a fling, that's my 2 cents.