View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 16:54   Link #264
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
2500k is a hella good CPU, since you can easily rank it up to 4ghz just by changing the multiplier. Easy mode OC'ing. And what I said was a generic saying that you musnt neglect the CPU to favor the GPU. For example, if I had an E6600 and a GTX 580, what should I do to get better perfomance? Buy a GTX 590 or Q9650? See, it's a matter of balance.

And in fact , any Tri/quad-vcard setting WILL bottleneck even with the most expensive CPU.
Indeed, 2500K is a good CPU but it doesn't cost $400 which you said that should be invested if you were to buy GTX580. 2600K might cost $400 but HT is useless in gaming (for now, anyway).

No one has been talking about tri-quad vcard settings though. Hell, we haven't even talked about SLI. Only GTX590 would count as two cards but I recommended GTX580, which by the way, you can use with older processors if you overclock them enough (make sure your cooling is ok).

As for bottlenecks.. You sure about that? There are processors that cost $2000 .. You sure quad xfire would still bottleneck? Well those aren't for normal consumer use for sure but you said '' even the most expensive ''