Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 15:08   Link #188
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Episode of N

So, today I've started what it's to be the final act to the Best Wishes era, the Episode of N story arc.

Just like many of you have been stating and predicting over the last years, the animators now don't care even a grain of salt about giving quality and consistency to the plotline. All they care about now is that the anime keeps with the hypes and up-to-date with the trend from the current generation of games released to the next one and so on.

The first episode, which could have been great, turned out into another of those fillers about the so recycled and clichéd, minor plot of a new trainer getting his or her first starter pokemon, befriending Satoshi, getting in the usual Poke hype, and leaving for his or her journey at the conclusion of the episode.
Gosh! I really hate it when they use that kind of filler for stock. They pretty much are telling the conscientious audience that they ran out of original ideas and creativity a long time ago and are now just serving the younger audience the same stuff over and over.

Though the episode itself was a waste, the ending wasn't. The episode concludes featuring, at last, the character of N, whom he'll be introducing officially himself to Satoshi and co. in the next episode.

There are also other things I want to comment.
1. The new OP video is practically awesome.
a) It feels very shounen-esque and close to the standards of other shows' openings like Naruto or Hunter X Hunter.

b) The OP feature quite prominently Ghetsis and Team Plasma wanting to take over all Unova.

c) According to the OP and corroborated by the new ED, N will officially become the fourth member of Satoshi's party, although it is uncertain if he'll remain a party member for the duration of this arc or sporadically from time to time.

d) Both new OP and ED also confirmed that Satoshi's Charizard will make a comeback as well.

e) Reshiram will be featured in this arc, as well.

f) Satoshi and co. will be revisiting Unova, or at least the place concerning around the Legendary Dragons: Reshiram and Zekrom.

g) It is confusing but a still shot of the OP displays Team Rocket along with the Inspector of the International Police, Looker.

h) The new ED is so beautifully animated and the musical theme cute; towards the end it features a lot of N's background.

Now as for the bad news:
The Jessie, James, and Meowth TR gang returns to Unova. Unfortunately, what I dreaded the most finally came back.

The TR completely returned:
1. With its clichéd habit of scheming to attempt kidnapping Pikachu.
2. Their long, winded introduction scenery.
3. And, finally, They once again get blasted into infinity whenever they get defeated or thwarted by Satoshi and co.

Gosh, but I must tell to myself to calm down and enjoy this arc, since at the start of Best Wishes all I wanted was to see Team Plasma and N in action, and, finally, I'll get that chance by following this arc.
However, I will take it as something good, since this will be the very last story arc for me to watch, and, after that, I'll be kissing goodbye to the Pokemon anime forever.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote