View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 19:46   Link #183
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
So basically, Shu kills Gai, fails to save Inori, but the Voids and Apocalypse Virus are all sucked up, and suddenly the world reaches a happy end. Sorry, but I strongly disagree with this. Shu may have destroyed the root of the problem, but he cannot reverse all of the massacres and other abuses of power that occurred while the GHQ/Antibodies/Daath were in charge. I suppose I cannot convince other people, but in my opinion everything that happens has consequences, and letting perps get away scot-free and atrocities get handwaved away as if they'd never happened is not good writing (unless the writers are going for a bad end). I suppose you can argue that the writers kept it "intentionally vague," but there's a very fine line between that and "unresolved, forgotten issues," and I'll point people to the Negima and ME3 threads for more of those.
I am wondering if this call for blood is not a natural response to the fact that Shu got screwed over so majorly in this series. The guy who single-handedly saved the world lost his eyesight and the two girls who loved him so dearly. Meanwhile, all the people who have betrayed him (which included everyone sitting at the table celebrating Hare's birthday, except Kanon) got what seemed like a happy ending. It's really ridiculous, I know. We are at the point where Shu's death seems like a more preferable ending than the one he is getting now. Naturally then, we would like to see some justice be handed out to the bad guys in this series.