Thread: Licensed Inuyasha: The Final Act
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-03, 23:24   Link #728
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Actually, while the whole "Onii-chan!" exchange was my favorite part as well, my favorite part of the scene was Inuyasha's "That just sounded so wrong."

I would be very interested to hear how Rumiko felt about that conclusion, because one can only assume she left the kiss out of the manga ending for a reason. Obviously that omission was the biggest talking point after the manga end, but I guess I'm a centrist - I don't mind it, but it didn't drive me crazy that it was missing from the manga. It's clear Inu-puppy and Kagome are together in both versions and that's the main thing.

On balance I was quite satisfied with the end. Like most of the last arc of episodes it was a very faithful adaptation, for the most part. In a series that's biggest flaw was rushed pacing in the first half, it was nice to see a relaxing finale that covered only three chapters. My relationship with this story (anime, then manga, then anime again) has gone on so long that it's going to feel very strange not to have any new material to look forward to. I'm glad the anime had a chance to finish telling the story - it would have been wrong otherwise. I wish it had been given the 52 or even 78 eps it would have taken to exhaustively adapt the unfinished chapters, but you can't have everything. Given how shaky things were after the first few episodes I'm quite pleased with how this Final Act turned out...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote